5.21.2004

Dream Lover

So last night I dreamed about the perfect man. I'm not one to dream about strangers, nor am I one to meet them at dream Starbucks. But, oddly enough, I did last night. Someone who can keep up with my random philosophies and my sense of humor, who always has something to say that I never would have thought of, who is playful or intense or thoughtful at the appropriate times, knows nature well, etc. etc. I even gave him blond dreadlocks. He's very handsome.

But the realization washed over me almost immediately when I awoke this morning that this is not someone I should look for, some prophesy realized, but someone I have already found. He is me. I've read before that everything I dream represents me. It's just never made so much sense before. Everything I ever wanted in someone else was really only a reflection of the highest expression of myself - I'm the only soul mate I've got. What a load off for everyone else! I get to be the one I want, and they get to be themselves, and not get sent rather messily through the play-doh clonemaker. Makes me wonder whatall I've missed while matching everyone up to little strands of me-N-A. Reality is wild and diverse and unexpected. Prob'ly moreso when I'm not ignoring it...

Not entirely sure what such a dream means. I'm actually learning to love myself? I'm coming into balance somehow? Dunno. Not even sure it really matters because right now I am still me, sitting at this same desk, typing. You know, it never gets less liberating to type those words...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home