5.17.2004

More From The Archives

What a day. Sometimes life makes total sense. Sometimes I feel like someone gave me the manual in Japanese. I'm feeling sort of speechless (thank goodness for archives). The poem below sums it up pretty well (somehow I wrote it 5 years ago; it was one of my first). Tomorrow is another day...thankfully.


FRUSTRATION

If there were somehow a way
To dissolve myself and to become
Part of everything else.
If only I could infiltrate the atoms
Of thoughts and understanding
And become one with knowledge
Instead of trying to run it down
And tie it up like a calf.
My head knows that there is a journey,
But my heart is so anxious to understand.
I want to take a jet,
This country mile is making my legs ache.
You’d think that hunger would be enough
To sustain this insatiable need,
But it seems to me that it would be
So much easier to just sit down and eat.
All this information wraps around me like gauze
And makes it hard to move
So that I am a mummy instead of a bird.
The lines of constellations twist around,
Threading themselves through the eyes of planets
And sewing themselves into knots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home