7.13.2007

Reduce, Repurpose, Recycle

I went to Portland, OR a couple weeks ago & my best friend turned me onto the repurposing movement, in which you take something used and make something completely different out of it. She showed me clothing made out of multiple cut up t-shirts sewn together & restructured into something completely different. I never considered it as a movement - my parents built their hippie house in the woods out of scraps my dad took home from his demoltion job. It was just necessity.

But as a movement, I think it's a brilliant idea & I figure as I come across repurposing projects I think are neat, I'll share them with you. Here's the first: cloth grocery bags made from old t-shirts.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love your idea!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home